Saturday, July 15, 2023
THIS EVENT IS
ONLY FOR ACE MEMBERS AND THEIR GUESTS!
After occurring in October in 2022, owing to
Coaster Con 44 being co-hosted by Cedar
Point and Kennywood in the summertime, and
after being held in June in 2021, when it
was a pre-Con event for Coaster Con 43 that
began the next day at Hersheypark, this year
KennyKon is back to its usual month – July!
While the haunt season doesn't occur until
autumn, this year's event will have a little
spooky flavor. You see, KennyKon is always
known to celebrate Kennywood's ride
anniversaries, and this is the 15th year for
Ghostwood Estate, the park's beloved
interactive dark ride. Before the park
opens, attendees will enjoy the opportunity
to both walk through and ride Ghostwood
Estate. Morning ERT will include The
Steel Curtain in
addition to Thunderbolt,
which is appropriate since it wasn't
operating during Coaster Con. Nighttime ERT
will include the brand new Spinvasion with
its awesome light package and The
Phantom's Revenge, which is undoubtedly
one of the best night rides out there!
Registered attendees will also enjoy a
catered all-you-can-eat picnic dinner and
other surprises as well!
The Steel Curtain 52"
Ghostwood Estate none
The Phantom's Revenge 48"
8:30 - 9:15 a.m. - Event check-in at Kennywood main entrance
9:30 - 11 a.m. - ERT on Thunderbolt
9:30 - 10 a.m. - Ghostwood Estate walk-through experience
10 - 11 a.m. - ERT on The Steel Curtain
10:30 - 11 a.m. - ERT on Ghostwood Estate
11 a.m. - 10 p.m. - Kennywood open for ACEers and the public to enjoy
6 - 7 p.m. - All-you-can-eat picnic dinner featuring penne pasta with marinara, BBQ boneless chicken, hot sausage with pepper & onions, macaroni & cheese, baked beans, fresh fruit salad, ice cream novelties and soft drinks
10 - 11 p.m. - ERT on The Phantom's Revenge and Spinvasion
ACE Western Pennsylvania’s famous ITOTs (Informal Take-Over Times) of rides will be scheduled throughout the day, and will include Jack Rabbit, Racer, Turtle, Gran Prix, Kangaroo and other classic Kennywood rides.
Event check-in aside, the schedule is tentative and subject to change.
ALL EVENT REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY ONLINE
Sorry, but mail-in registration is not available.
Registration is available through July 5, 2023
Members (Ages 3-11) - $59
Members with Season Pass - $32
Non-Members (all ages)- $75
Non-Members with Season Pass - $42
*Non-members may only register as a guest of an ACE member who is also registered to attend this this event.
YOU MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE!
In an effort to provide attendees with the best experience possible, there will be no late or on-site registration, so please be sure to register by the appropriate deadline.
The payment of registration fees by, for or on behalf of participants releases and holds harmless American Coaster Enthusiasts, Inc. and its Officers, Executive Committee Members, Regional Representatives and other representatives from any and all liabilities related to those activities. The payment of registration fees by, for or on behalf of participants acknowledges that an inherent risk of exposure to Covid-19 exists in public places where people are present and that attendees voluntarily assume all risks to exposure to Covid-19 and holds harmless American Coaster Enthusiasts, Inc. and its Officers, Executive Committee Members, Regional Representatives and other representatives from any and all illness and injury.
· You must be a current member of ACE to attend or be accompanied by a member who is also registered to attend the event. If only non-members are listed on the registration, please indicate the name of the registered member of whom you are a guest.
· To register, click the Register Now button below. Online registration is available until July 5, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.· SEASON PASS DISCOUNT: Please note that if you register as a season pass holder, you are responsible for bringing your valid season pass with you to the event and using it to be admitted into the park, as admission tickets will not be provided.
· DAFE (Dark Attraction & Funhouse Enthusiasts) members are welcome to attend this event at member rates. Members of DAFE, who are not ACE members, should indicate "DAFE" in the membership number field. All memberships will be verified.
· No materials will be sent to you in advance. All materials (admission ticket, etc.) will be provided to you at the event.
· After registering, you will receive an immediate email confirmation through Universe, our third-party registration/payment service. Within 72 hours of registering, one will receive a second confirmation from ACE Western Pennsylvania's regional representative, which will be sent from email@example.com. A day or two before the event, those registered will receive an email with detailed information about the event and what to expect. This email will be sent from eventregistration@ACEwesternPA.org. We suggest adding those email addresses to your contact list and/or safe-senders list, to avoid having them go to spam or alternate email folders. Note that emails will only be sent to the email addresses entered by the individual performing the registration. If you register friends and family, we suggest that you forward any informational emails along to them.
·Note that you do NOT need to print tickets or have mobile tickets available when you check in on the day of the event.
· If you have registered in advance and arrive after the scheduled check-in time, your registration materials will be left at the guest relations office at the park's main entrance. Note however that the guest relations office and/or park gates may not open until the park opens to the public, and therefore arriving late may cause you to miss morning ERT.· Cancellation Policy: Refunds will be issued less a $10 per person processing fee through July 5, 2023. To cancel, contact or contact Elena Marziale at 412.337.3813. No refunds will be issued after July 5, 2023. Processing fees for online registration may not be refundable.
Located only three miles from Kennywood, this is the closest hotel to the park. The park offers a 24-hour fitness center and a complimentary full breakfast, and is located in The Waterfront, a dynamic shopping and entertainment complex. All rooms include complimentary high-speed internet, coffee makers and 32” televisions.
Rate is $175 per night (plus 14% tax) for up to four persons per room and includes a full breakfast. Rooms are blocked for the nights of July 14 and 15.
Deadline for reservations is June 14, 2023 to guarantee the rate. Rooms are limited and subject to availability. The discounted rate may be honored after the deadline if rooms are available.
To reserve, call the hotel at 412.205.3904 and once you give the dates for your stay, identify yourself as being with the group "ACE" to receive the special rate.
Cancellations: Room reservations made at the ACE rate may be cancelled up until 48 hours prior to the scheduled date of arrival. No deposit is required.
If you encounter any problems making reservations, please
contact ACE Western Pennsylvania Regional Representative
Bill Linkenheimer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visiting Pittsburgh from out of town? Check out VisitPittsburgh.com
Receive Facebook notifications for event updates and other information, by indicating "Going" or "Interested" on the the KennyKon XXXIV Event Page.
Copyright © 2005 -
ACE Western Pennsylvania