Salvatore’s - South Hills of Pittsburgh
After two challenging years, the CoasterBash! tradition continues in 2023 and is "back to normal" at its usual time (on the first Saturday of March) and usual location (Salvatore's Events & Catering). As always, you can count on CoasterBash! to provide a wide variety of presentations, an all-you-can-eat dinner, unlimited soft drinks, the CoasterBash! Photo Contest, a cash bar, the ACE Preservation Fund Sales Table, vendors, a silent auction, door prizes and more!
* A representative of Kennywood will provide an update on Spinvasion and other plans for the 2023 season.
* Jeff Croushore of Idlewild and SoakZone will provide an update on the park's 2023 season.
* Jeff Filicko of Six Flags Fiesta Texas will provide an update on the Texas park and its new-for-2023 coaster.
* Steve Gorman of Waldameer & Water World will give an update on what's new at the park.
* Sam Shurgot of IRM Rides.
* Chuck Groger of the Conneaut Lake Area Historical Society
* Melanie Shildt, General Manger of Lakemont Park
* The Golden Kenny Award
* Videos from the talents of Ken Simmons, Joel Brewton and others.
2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
8:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Sales Tables open during social time, breaks and dinner only.
ALL EVENT REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY ONLINE
Sorry, but mail-in registration is not available.
Registration is open through
Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
ACE Member - $49.00
Child Member (3-11) - $42.00
Non-member - $59.00
Non-members may attend only if registered with and accompanied by a member.
Refunds will be issued less a $10/person
cancellation fee if notice is given by
February 23, 2023.
Cancellations must be
made by phone to
Elena Marziale at 412.337.3813.
There will be NO refunds issued after February 23, 2023.
You do not need to print a ticket and bring it with you to the event. Simply use your name to check-in at the event when you arrive.
Anyone wishing to have a vendor table at CoasterBash! must be registered to attend CoasterBash! XXXIV and must reserve in advance with commitment via email. Vendor Tables may be reserved through February 21, 2023. All those working at vendor tables must be registered to attend the event as well. Each vendor will be supplied with one table. The cost is $10 (to be paid in cash the day of the event), along with providing at least one door prize valued at $15 or more. Two vendors may share a single table, but each one is expected to individually donate a door prize valued at $15 or more. To reserve and commit to a vendor table, please email Bill Linkenheimer at email@example.com no later than February 21, 2023. If you don't receive a response confirming your participation within 24 hours, please send another email. Only vendors that have received a confirmation email will be accommodated at the event.
Rules & Procedures
1) The Tenth Annual CoasterBash! Photo Contest is open to any current ACE member who is attending CoasterBash! The contest coordinator is Jason Ballard (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org).
2) Each entrant may submit no more than two unframed photographs. Each photo must be original and have been taken by the entrant. Photos may have either a glossy or a matte finish and may be printed in color, black and white or sepia tone. Photographs may not be smaller than 8 x 10 inches and no larger than 11 x 14 inches. If the photograph has a border, the picture area still must be no smaller than 8 x 10 inches and the entire photo, including border, no larger than 11 x 14 inches. Photographs may not be attached to a matte or framing board. No photograph may have the entrant’s identification anywhere on it.
3) Submitted photos must be roller coaster-related. Though other attractions may appear, any photo not showing an existing or a defunct roller coaster will not be accepted for entry into the contest. No on-ride photos will be accepted. Any gestures, wording or subject matter contained within a photograph that may be viewed as offensive will disqualify the photo. Any winning (top three) photo from any previous CoasterBash! or any other ACE photo contest is ineligible.
4) Each entrant’s photograph(s) shall be submitted at the event on March 4, 2023, between the hours of 1:30 and 2:45 p.m. All entrants must provide the name of all coaster(s) and park(s) featured in each photograph entered.
5) All entries will be displayed for viewing at the time and location specified on the official CoasterBash! schedule distributed to all attendees at the event. The deadline for casting ballots will also be specified on the official schedule. As with all event activities, this information is subject to change, and in such an instance, due notice will be given through various announcements.
6) Care and precautions will be taken to protect all entered photographs. However, each participant must use every precaution to protect their photos, as neither ACE Western Pennsylvania nor the Photo Contest Coordinator and other volunteers will be held responsible for any stolen, lost or damaged property.
7) Winning photographs will be chosen by popular vote. Each CoasterBash! attendee will receive one official voting ballot at registration check-in on arrival at the event. No other ballots, including replacements for lost ballots, will be distributed or accepted. CoasterBash! attendees will be able to indicate on their ballots their choices for first, second and third place. Each first place vote will earn three points; each second place vote will earn two points; and each third place vote will receive one point. No photograph may be voted for more than once on any single ballot, and any such action will void the entire ballot. The three entries with the highest number of points will be awarded first, second and third place, respectively. Any winning entry may not be re-entered into any future CoasterBash! photo contests.
8) Winning photographs and entrants will be announced near the end of the event’s presentation program. Awards will be presented for each of the winning entries. All winning entries become the property of ACE Western Pennsylvania and will be retained for possible publication in a future issue of an ACE publication and/or inclusion on one or more of ACE’s websites, with proper credit and identification.
9) Non-winning photographs may be reclaimed from the Photo Contest coordinator and volunteers at the end of the event, once the presentation program has ended.
10) The ACE Western Pennsylvania Regional Representative or Contest Coordinator reserves the right to revise the schedule that is described or implied herein. The interpretation of these rules by the contest coordinator is final. Contact the contest coordinator with any questions or comments.
There is no official hotel for this event. However,
the following four facilities are only a few miles
away, all along Lebanon Church Road.
Wyndham by Wingate
Holiday Inn Express
SpringHill Suites by Marriott
The address for Salvatore’s is: 5001 Curry Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15236
General directions from Pittsburgh: Take Route 51 south (after the Liberty Tunnel you will go through 14+ traffic signals (after traveling approximately four miles) after passing a McDonalds (on the left), turn right onto Brownsville Road (traffic light at intersection). Follow Brownsville Road for .3 mile and turn left at the first light. This will still be Brownsville Road. After the turn, follow Brownsville Road for .2 miles and turn right onto Curry Road. Follow Curry Road for .7 miles and just after the underpass, Salvatore’s will be on the left. It is located in a small shopping center.
From the Pittsburgh International Airport area and points West: Follow I-376 east toward Pittsburgh. Exit on to Route 51 south towards Uniontown immediately before the Fort Pitt Tunnels to downtown Pittsburgh. Then follow the "General directions from Pittsburgh" above.
From the Monroeville area and points East: Take I-376 west towards Pittsburgh and exit onto the Boulevard of the Allies (exit 2B). Merge onto the Boulevard of the Allies and follow signs for the Liberty Bridge. Merge into the right lane on the bridge and remain in the right lane through the Liberty Tunnel. Immediately after exiting the tunnel, take the second exit for Route 51 south towards Uniontown. Then follow the "General directions from Pittsburgh" above.
From points North: Take I-279 south to I-579 south. On I-579, stay in the far left lane, which will eventually exit on to the Liberty Bridge. Get in the right lane on the Liberty Bridge and remain in the right lane through the Liberty Tunnel. Immediately after exiting the tunnel, take the second exit for Route 51 south towards Uniontown. Those coming from the Ohio Turnpike, can either exit at Exit #28 and take I-79 south to I-279 south and follow the directions above from points North (Mapquest recommended route) OR exit at #10 and follow I-376 east (portion toll) towards Pittsburgh and follow the directions from the Pittsburgh International Airport and points west. Then follow the "General directions from Pittsburgh" above.
From area hotels: Turn onto Lebanon Church Road (Route 885
South) toward Route 51. After going under Route 51,
travel 1.5 miles and turn right on to Brownsville Road.
Proceed for 0.8 miles and turn left on to Hollow Haven Drive
(across from the Loose Moose Saloon). Continue 0.5
miles and turn right on to Curry Road. Salvatore's
will be on the right in 0.4 miles.
If you need directions from any other area, please call Bill
Linkenheimer at 412.725.7499.
Receive Facebook notifications for event updates and other
information, by indicating "Going" or "Interested" on the
CoasterBash! XXXIV Facebook event page.
Receive Facebook notifications for event updates and other information, by indicating "Going" or "Interested" on the CoasterBash! XXXIV Facebook event page.
Copyright © 2005 -
ACE Western Pennsylvania