CoasterBash! tradition continues in 2021, two months later than usual and in
an open-air setting of Kennywood's pavilions. CoasterBash! XXXII will
include many of the activities one has come to expect, including a wide
variety of presentations, an all-you-can-eat-dinner, unlimited soft drinks,
the CoasterBash! Photo Contest, the ACE Preservation Fund Sales Table, a
silent auction and door prizes. While some of the event's usual features may
be paused for this year, for the first time ever, CoasterBash! will include
ERT on an actual roller coaster!
Plus The Golden Kenny Award; videos from the talents of Ken Simmons, Joel Brewton and others; PLUS
Unlimited Soft Drinks
featuring...Chicken Romano with Lemon Wine Sauce,
Carved Prime Rib with Au Jus and Horseradish,
Linguini with Red Pepper Sauce, a Baked Potato Bar,
Grilled Vegetables (Zucchini, Yellow Squash,
Portabella, Asparagus, Red Pepper), Tossed Salad,
Fresh Tomato Mozzarella Basil Salad, Assorted
Cookies and Ice Cream Sundae Bar.
Arrival and Event Check-In
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
ERT on the ACE Roller Coaster Landmark Jack Rabbit
2:00 p.m. -
3:00 p.m. -
6:00 p.m. -
7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Presentations Segment #2
IMPORTANT NOTE: CoasterBash! XXXII attendees who exit the park
before the event ends, will not be permitted to reenter. Attendees are
encouraged to bring everything they may need for the duration of the event
(including clothing for forecasted weather conditions, medication, etc.) along
with them when they initially enter the park.
Please follow and respect all safety procedures instituted by Kennywood, our
host for the event. Even though the park is not open to the public on the day of
this event, the park's policies still apply. This includes wearing face
coverings (properly over both the mouth and nose) at all times when on park
property, except when actively eating. Please do not attend if you're sick or
show any symptoms of COVID-19. You can view Kennywood's safety procedures here.
We realize that many of you attending may be seeing some of your ACE friends for the first time in quite a while. We know that you'll be happy to see one another, but given health concerns, suggest that you follow common protocols for health safety. Everyone has different comfort levels in terms of being in close proximity to others. Please be respectful of other members and allow a six-foot distance between one another, unless it's made clear by all involved that closer proximity is welcomed.
Given the nature of this event and restrictions associated with the current health crisis, the event currently has a maximum capacity of 150 persons.
Event registration will be accepted on a first come, first registered basis.
Owing to the limited capacity, for this year only, the event is restricted to current ACE members only.
In an effort to capture event registrations in real time, all registrations must be done online.
Sorry, but mail-in registration is not available for this event.
Online registration is available through April 21 or until maximum attendance is reached, whichever comes first.
If the event reaches capacity prior to April 21, members who were unable to register may put their names on a wait list and will be contacted in the event of cancellations or changing circumstances that allows capacity to be increased.
Once registration is at capacity, any member wishing to be wait-listed should contact ACE Western Pennsylvania Regional Representative Bill Linkenheimer at email@example.com and include their phone number as well as the name of other members in their family/group who wish to be on the waitlist. As openings become available, those on the waitlist will be contacted in the order that requests were received.
Refunds will be issued less a $5/person
cancellation fee if notice is given by
April 21, 2021.
Cancellations must be
made by phone to Dave Hahner at
There will be NO refunds issued after April 21, 2021, though exceptions will be made if the event has reached capacity and waitlisted members are available.
You do not need to print a ticket and bring it with you to the event. Simply use your name to check-in at the event when you arrive.
1) The Eighth Annual CoasterBash! Photo Contest is open to any current ACE member who is attending CoasterBash! The contest coordinator is Jason Ballard (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org).
2) Each entrant may submit no more than two unframed photographs. Each photo must be original and have been taken by the entrant. Photos may have either a glossy or a matte finish and may be printed in color, black and white or sepia tone. Photographs may not be smaller than 8 x 10 inches and no larger than 11 x 14 inches. If the photograph has a border, the picture area still must be no smaller than 8 x 10 inches and the entire photo, including border, no larger than 11 x 14 inches. Photographs may not be attached to a matte or framing board. No photograph may have the entrantís identification anywhere on it.
3) Submitted photos must be roller coaster-related. Though other attractions may appear, any photo not showing an existing or a defunct roller coaster will not be accepted for entry into the contest. No on-ride photos will be accepted. Any gestures, wording or subject matter contained within a photograph that may be viewed as offensive will disqualify the photo. Any winning (top three) photo from any previous CoasterBash! or any other ACE photo contest is ineligible.
4) Each entrantís photograph(s) shall be submitted at the event on May 1, 2021, between the hours of 1:30 and 3 p.m. All entrants must provide the name of all coaster(s) and park(s) featured in each photograph entered.
5) All entries will be displayed for viewing at the time and location specified on the official CoasterBash! schedule distributed to all attendees at the event. The deadline for casting ballots will also be specified on the official schedule. As with all event activities, this information is subject to change, and in such an instance, due notice will be given through various announcements.
6) Care and precautions will be taken to protect all entered photographs. However, each participant must use every precaution to protect their photos, as neither ACE Western Pennsylvania nor the Photo Contest Coordinator and other volunteers will be held responsible for any stolen, lost or damaged property.
7) Winning photographs will be chosen by popular vote. Each CoasterBash! attendee will receive one official voting ballot at registration check-in on arrival at the event. No other ballots, including replacements for lost ballots, will be distributed or accepted. CoasterBash! attendees will be able to indicate on their ballots their choices for first, second and third place. Each first place vote will earn three points; each second place vote will earn two points; and each third place vote will receive one point. No photograph may be voted for more than once on any single ballot, and any such action will void the entire ballot. The three entries with the highest number of points will be awarded first, second and third place, respectively. Any winning entry may not be re-entered into any future CoasterBash! photo contests.
8) Winning photographs and entrants will be announced near the end of the eventís presentation program. Awards will be presented for each of the winning entries. All winning entries become the property of ACE Western Pennsylvania and will be retained for possible publication in a future issue of an ACE publication and/or inclusion on one or more of ACEís websites, with proper credit and identification.
9) Non-winning photographs may be reclaimed from the Photo Contest coordinator and volunteers at the end of the event, once the presentation program has ended.
The ACE Western Pennsylvania Regional Representative or
Contest Coordinator reserves the right to revise the
schedule that is described or implied herein. The
interpretation of these rules by the contest coordinator
is final. Contact the contest coordinator with any
questions or comments.
Holiday Inn Express
Copyright © 2005 -
ACE Western Pennsylvania