CoasterBash! always provides attendees with an eventful evening that includes a wide variety of presentations ranging from history to retrospectives to what’s new at the parks.
Plus The Golden Kenny Award; videos from the talents of Ken Simmons, Joel Brewton and others; a fun game; PLUS
FREE SOFT DRINKS
4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Presentations Segment #1
7p.m. - 8 p.m.
7p.m. - 11 p.m.
Presentations Segment #2
Sales Tables open during social time, breaks and dinner only.
Anyone wishing to have a vendor table at CoasterBash! must do so when they register. The cost is $10 along with providing at least one door prize valued at $15 or more. Mail-in registration forms that include tables must be postmarked by February 18, 2018 and vendors should simply add "Vendor Table" as a name and indicate a $10 price. Online registration for vendor tables will be open through February 21, 2019 (note that it's several days BEFORE the general online registration deadline). Tables may not be purchased after February 21.
Click here to
A printable mail-in registration
form is available here
ACE Member -$37.00
Child Member (3-11) - $31.00
Non-member - $45.00
Child Non-member (3-11) - $37.00
Non-members may attend only if registered with and accompanied by a member.
Refunds will be issued less a $5/person
cancellation fee if notice is given by
February 22, 2019.
Cancellations must be
made by phone to Dave Hahner at
There will be NO refunds issued after February 22, 2019.
You do not need to print a ticket and bring it with you to the event. Simply use your name to check-in at the event when you arrive.
1) The Sixth Annual CoasterBash! Photo Contest is open to any current ACE member who is attending CoasterBash! The contest coordinator is Jason Ballard (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org).
2) Each entrant may submit no more than two unframed photographs. Each photo must be original and have been taken by the entrant. Photos may have either a glossy or a matte finish and may be printed in color, black and white or sepia tone. Photographs may not be smaller than 8 x 10 inches and no larger than 11 x 14 inches. If the photograph has a border, the picture area still must be no smaller than 8 x 10 inches and the entire photo, including border, no larger than 11 x 14 inches. Photographs may not be attached to a matte or framing board. No photograph may have the entrant’s identification anywhere on it.
3) Submitted photos must be roller coaster-related. Though other attractions may appear, any photo not showing an existing or a defunct roller coaster will not be accepted for entry into the contest. No on-ride photos will be accepted. Any gestures, wording or subject matter contained within a photograph that may be viewed as offensive will disqualify the photo. Any winning (top three) photo from any previous CoasterBash! or any other ACE photo contest is ineligible.
4) Each entrant’s photograph(s) shall be submitted at the event on March 2, 2019, between the hours of 1:30 and 3 p.m. All entrants must provide the name of all coaster(s) and park(s) featured in each photograph entered.
5) All entries will be displayed for viewing at the time and location specified on the official CoasterBash! schedule distributed to all attendees at the event. The deadline for casting ballots will also be specified on the official schedule. As with all event activities, this information is subject to change, and in such an instance, due notice will be given through various announcements.
6) Care and precautions will be taken to protect all entered photographs. However, each participant must use every precaution to protect their photos, as neither ACE Western Pennsylvania nor the Photo Contest Coordinator and other volunteers will be held responsible for any stolen, lost or damaged property.
7) Winning photographs will be chosen by popular vote. Each CoasterBash! attendee will receive one official voting ballot at registration check-in on arrival at the event. No other ballots, including replacements for lost ballots, will be distributed or accepted. CoasterBash! attendees will be able to indicate on their ballots their choices for first, second and third place. Each first place vote will earn three points; each second place vote will earn two points; and each third place vote will receive one point. No photograph may be voted for more than once on any single ballot, and any such action will void the entire ballot. The three entries with the highest number of points will be awarded first, second and third place, respectively. Any winning entry may not be re-entered into any future CoasterBash! photo contests.
8) Winning photographs and entrants will be announced near the end of the event’s presentation program. Awards will be presented for each of the winning entries. All winning entries become the property of ACE Western Pennsylvania and will be retained for possible publication in a future issue of an ACE publication and/or inclusion on one or more of ACE’s websites, with proper credit and identification.
9) Non-winning photographs may be reclaimed from the Photo Contest coordinator and volunteers at the end of the event, once the presentation program has ended.
The ACE Western Pennsylvania Regional Representative or
Contest Coordinator reserves the right to revise the
schedule that is described or implied herein. The
interpretation of these rules by the contest coordinator
is final. Contact the contest coordinator with any
questions or comments.
Holiday Inn Express
SpringHill Suites by Marriott
The address for Salvatore’s is: 5001 Curry Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15236
General directions from Pittsburgh: Take Route 51 south (after the Liberty Tunnel you will go through 14+ traffic signals (after traveling approximately four miles) after passing a McDonalds (on the left), turn right onto Brownsville Road (traffic light at intersection). Follow Brownsville Road for .3 mile and turn left at the first light. This will still be Brownsville Road. After the turn, follow Brownsville Road for .2 miles and turn right onto Curry Road. Follow Curry Road for .7 miles and just after the underpass, Salvatore’s will be on the left. It is located in a small shopping center.
From the Pittsburgh International Airport area and points West: Follow I-376 east toward Pittsburgh. Exit on to Route 51 south towards Uniontown immediately before the Fort Pitt Tunnels to downtown Pittsburgh. Then follow the "General directions from Pittsburgh" above.
From the Monroeville area and points East: Take I-376 west towards Pittsburgh and exit onto the Boulevard of the Allies (exit 2B). Merge onto the Boulevard of the Allies and follow signs for the Liberty Bridge. Merge into the right lane on the bridge and remain in the right lane through the Liberty Tunnel. Immediately after exiting the tunnel, take the second exit for Route 51 south towards Uniontown. Then follow the "General directions from Pittsburgh" above.
From points North: Take I-279 south to I-579 south. On I-579, stay in the far left lane, which will eventually exit on to the Liberty Bridge. Get in the right lane on the Liberty Bridge and remain in the right lane through the Liberty Tunnel. Immediately after exiting the tunnel, take the second exit for Route 51 south towards Uniontown. Those coming from the Ohio Turnpike, can either exit at Exit #28 and take I-79 south to I-279 south and follow the directions above from points North (Mapquest recommended route) OR exit at #10 and follow I-376 east (portion toll) towards Pittsburgh and follow the directions from the Pittsburgh International Airport and points west. Then follow the "General directions from Pittsburgh" above.
From area hotels:
Turn onto Lebanon Church Road (Route 885 South)
toward Route 51. After going under Route 51, travel
1.5 miles and turn right on to Brownsville Road.
Proceed for 0.8 miles and turn left on to Hollow
Haven Drive (across from the Loose Moose Saloon).
Continue 0.5 miles and turn right on to Curry Road.
Salvatore's will be on the right in 0.4 miles.
If you need directions from any other
area, please call Bill Linkenheimer at 412.725.7499.
Don’t miss Mountainfest
Copyright © 2005 -
ACE Western Pennsylvania